Monday, February 23, 2009

Birthday Suprises! :)

So this weekend was my birthday...and it was absolutely amazing! I've never been able to be surprised! No one has ever been able to "pull a fast one" on me. But this weekend was FULL of surprises!

SURPRISE #1: Saturday night Danny and I went out to dinner, and then decided that we were going to watch a movie after dinner. He had me pick a few from his house, and then we headed over to my apartment. We got to my apartment and made brownies and then decided to start the movie. Ok, a little bit about me and Danny- we're THE most easy going people, and have the tendency to let that affect our decision making! :) lol- So basically neither one of us ever make a decision! Well...Danny had me pick the movie, so I figured oh alright, we'll pick one together! (So a little background- I'd been trying to get Danny to watch Moulin Rouge for WEEKS!) So I started naming off the movies so he could help me pick one out...then Moulin Rouge was stuck right there in the middle of the stack!! :) I don't know how he got it in there, but he had gone and gotten the movie for me, even though I know it was tourture for him! :) It was the first surprise anyone has ever been able to pull off for me, and it was the sweetest thing! Thank you Danny!!

SURPRISE #2:
Sunday was my actual birthday, and it actually was just a normal Sunday most of the day. I got up and went to my early morning meetings, went to the rest of church, then came home and took a nap. Then Danny came and picked me up to go check his work schedule. Then he told me that Josh, Danny's best friend, wanted us to come over for a bit. I had told danny that we were having a "sweet swap" at my house at 8 so I needed to be home for that. We were at Josh and Sharlee's until about 8:15, when Danny said- "Oh I forgot about your sweet swap we better go." I thought, well ok. haha So we're walking up, and the house is dark- and I thought...hmmm maybe I thought it was at our house, but it's really not. I walked in to an apartment full of about 30 people...and walked RIGHT BACK OUT! They were singing Happy Birthday, how embarrassing! :) Danny pushed me back into the apartment, I blew out my candles, and then enjoyed the night with friends! :) My amazing roommate Stephanie had planned this whole thing! Getting everyone there, getting me out of the house, and the treats! :) She's amazing! :)





1 comment:

The Idaho Shaum's said...

Hey Sam love the pictures! Don't you just love surprises. Thanks for always being an awesome person and friend! Happy 21!