Sunday, September 14, 2008

I'm The Relief Society...WHAT?!

So I got a call from my bishop yesterday...oh boy! Well he set up a meeting for this morning at 9am. And of course we all knew what was next...

So I met with the bishop, and next thing I knew I walked out of his office the new Relief Society President...wow. I was literally speechless! I know the Lord never gives us anything we can't handle so I accepted the call with a willing heart. I'm excited to get started and to get to know the lovely girls in my ward. Now I'm just in the process of getting my presidency together and filling the callings that need to be filled. I know that the next semester I will find myself on my knees and in the temple a lot! I'm excited though, with this huge responsibility comes blessings from serving the Lord righteously, and I'm willing to do the work! :)

It's funny how the Lord blesses you and prepares you. We had a lesson in New Testament earlier this week about rank, and about how the world would like us to think that one calling is ranked higher than another, but that's not how the Lord looks at it. When I met with the bishop today, he had the same insight for me. Throughout the past couple of weeks, I've found myself drawn to the scriptures and falling to knees in prayer more often...I know that the Lord was preparing me for this great call and I'm so grateful for this opportunity!

Here goes nothing!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

That is awsome that you are the Relief Society Pres. I cried whne i read that because you are such a wonderful person and i know you will do great. Yo ahv esuch a strong testimony and are such a great example to others. I am so glad we can keep in touch this way.Love ya.:) Jenn

Sam@Life as Mrs. B said...

aww Jenn thank you!! :) You're so sweet!! :) Miss you!