Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happily Ever After

I've struggled a lot lately. It seems like everyone is getting married and having babies and enjoying the bumps in their happily ever after...one question....Where is mine? We're taught that God will grant you all the righteous disires of your heart- so what am I doing wrong? I think that the desires to get married in the temple and have a family are good desires, I don't understand why it's been so hard. This trial has been on going for about 2 years and every once in a while I see a glimmer of hope, I get my hopes up...and then I fall again, get my heartbroken and I'm back to step one! Last week on "The Bachelor" a girl that had been kicked off said, "It's hard to feel good enough when so many guys seem to say you're not." It seems to be a vicious cycle that never ends.

Ever since I was a little girl all I've wanted is to get married in the temple and have my own f
amily. I know that I'm only 20, but watching all of my friends get married one by one, and watching them all start their families makes me want that. I've been trying so hard to just live my life, and take what comes, but each day is a new day and some days are better than others...I just hope that I get my happily ever after sometime soon. I have so much love that I want to give someone, and so much that I want to do in my life with someone right by my side. I don't live under a rock, so I know that it won't be perfect all the time, and that yeah life presents challenges- but that's the beauty of having someone to share those challenges with, you don't have to face them on your own!
This blog has definitely become my outlet and a place for me to write some of my deepest feelings, even though it's for all of you to read- hmm...funny how that works!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I know it is hard to be patient when everyone around you it getting what you want. But you are doing the right thing. If you need anyone to talk to give me a call. Just remember, Heavenly Father has a plan for you and that plan is just your own. It is not the same as everyone elses. But you are a beautiful Talented woman and wonderful things will happen for you. Just be patient. and know that Heavenly Father knows what you are feeling. Seriously though, give me a call. I would love to talk to you.

Sam@Life as Mrs. B said...

Thanks Jenn. It's seriously been so hard...so hard watching everyone else get the 2 things I want...marriage and a baby! It's so hard to be patient, even though I know that's what I'm supposed to be doing. Thank you so much for your sweet words, and I will definitely call you soon! Love you!