Friday, January 30, 2009

Crazy Week

So the past couple of days have been so busy, but now...ITS THE WEEKEND!! :) I've learned to enjoy the weekends VERY much!! :) This week was amazing on so many different levels...first- I got to meet/talk to/shake hands with Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve! He is a very gentle, loving, and sweet man, with quite the sense of humor. Elder Christofferson was our devotional speaker her on campus on Tuesday, so I got to meet with him in the office when he came in with President and Sister Clark (I love my job! So many perks!! It's the one thing that makes staying in college bareable!)

Also this week I had 2 dear friends help me out greatly! I had driven to campus at 8am for classes, and then went straight to work, without moving my car. When I got out to my car at 5pm...I WAS FROZEN OUT!! :( Very dissappointing I might add- seeing as I had to be somewhere by 5...I was already late! Well luckily a girl that lives in my building passed by right at that moment, so she gave me a ride home, thank goodness because I was in a skirt and heels! My roommate then took me back to my car with a lighter to try and warm the lock and key...but no luck- so she then took me to Wal Mart to get de-icer for locks...a niffty little tube that sticks in your lock! At this point I was still running late...and getting frustrated!! We got the de-icer and that didn't work! As soon as I started my breakdown...Ryley pulled up! (The one that always seems to bail me out!!) He got me in my car, and then we realized that my battery was dead...so...back to Wal Mart! We picked up some jumper cables, and vola' my car started!! Thank goodness for Ryley and his manly skills!! haha A lesson or two well learned that day- service and don't let your car sit too long in -35 degree weather!!

So after a week of classes, work, and back-to-back meetings: ITS TIME FOR THE WEEKEND! Although homework still continues into the weeked...that means more time for fun! Parties, maybe some ice fishing, and just relaxing- oh and the dreaded laundry I've been putting off for 2 weeks...yikes my mom would be proud! haha

No comments: